What is the dental implant?
- Dental implant is a biomaterial device, screw-shaped, that a periodontist places into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge.Titanium made implant has no allergic reactions, hence there is no rejection from the body . Dentist will plant on these artificial roots both fixed and removable prosthetic work. Potential candidate for prosthesis work on implant will require a detailed inquiry in order to examine both health status and detection of risk factors, that may complicate procedure. Dental treatment and procedures on implants will last if the patient cares for good oral hygene and periodical visits.Implant procedure needs the right alveolar ridge bone dimension which means quantity and quality evaluation.
- The success rate is 93 to 96% at 5 years after insertion.
- Dental treatment and procedures on implants will last if the patient cares for good oral hygene and periodical visits.
- Titanium made implant has no allergic reactions, hence there is no rejection from the body .
- Implant procedure needs the right alveolar ridge bone dimension which means quantity and quality evaluation.
- Occlusion changing will be reflected on temporomandibular articulation. Dental implants can be used to support a number of dental prostheses, including crowns, implant-supported bridges or dentures. The future candidate for fixing prostheses on implants needes detailed medical investigation .
- Potentialul pacient candidat la protezare pe implante va necesita investigatii specifice pentru evaluarea atat a starii de sanatate si depistarea factorilor de risc care pot complica tratamentul, cat si a contraindicatii
- The patient will be informed pre operating about implantation procedure, recovery information , the advantages of implants compared to conventional protetic treatment,dental implants costs.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence
- Prevents resorption of the alveolar ridge bone
- Dental implants don’t sacrifice the quality of your adjacent teeth like a bridge does because neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health!
Dental implants results depend on local and general conditions :
- Poor dental hygene that leads to dental bacterial plaque , gum inflamation and bone surounding implant inflamation, losing the adjoining bone tissue. This can be fixed through professional dental cleaning .
- Smoking causes inflamation , poor blood circulation of gums and bone tissues which finally will atrophy. In this case smoking becomes contraindication
- Chronic diseases : diabetes , AIDS
- Metabolic bone diseases
- Steroid treatment
- Untreated osteoporosis
- That is why detailed medical tests before implantation are crucial Patients should know that age does not hinder implantations because elderness is not a disease. Good health is the major condition.