What is oro-maxillo–facial surgery?
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery is the branch of surgery concerned with correction of a wide spectrum of diseases , injuries and defects in the face , jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region .
Surgical procedures include:
- surgery to insert dental implants
- tooth extractions
- surgery of soft tissues abcess
- surgery of osteitis and ostemielitis which is infection of the jawbone
- specific surgery of infected jawbone and soft tissues
- treatment of dental diseases of the maxillary sinuses like maxillary sinusitis
- pathological treatment of oro maxillofacial nerves as neuralgia and facial nerve paralysis
- treatment of traumatic orofacial soft tissues injuries
- jaw fracture treatment
- jaw and cervicofacial soft tissue tumour treatment
- treatment for periodontitis
- treatment of oro- cervicofacial and jaw benign and malignant tumours
Most frequent surgeries performed: